Coronavirus has changed the world and continues to affect people in many countries. While the vaccine rollout has already started, there are still surges in cases that happen on a global scale. Worse, the surges don’t just occur once. In the Philippines, a possibility of another surge has been announced and might happen in the next few months.
With uncertainties continue to build up, the best thing you can do is to prepare. The threat of Covid-19 remains but you’ll have lesser things to worry about if you can ensure the health and safety of your family.
To help you, here’s a pandemic preparation checklist that you can use as a reference.
Pandemic Preparation Checklist for Families
Take Advantage of Vaccines
COVID-19 vaccines are now distributed around the world. While the supply is still limited especially in the Philippines, there are priority sectors that can already avail of the vaccines. If you or any of your family happen to fall under the priority categories, take advantage of the allotment. This is one important step to up your protection against Coronavirus infection.
TIP: While there’s still a shortage of COVID-19 vaccines, you can also avail of other types of vaccines that can protect you from other illnesses like flu and keep you healthy.
Plan in Advance
Anybody can get sick and as coronavirus can’t be seen, you really have no idea who’ll get sick next. What you can do is to have an emergency plan prepared so that you’ll know what to do in case someone in the family gets infected.
- Prepare a room for isolation
- Make sure that important contact numbers are available and known to all family members
- If you have kids, designate a person who will be assigned to take care of them in case you or your spouse gets sick
- Stock up on food and essential supplies. While this will ensure that you’ll have what you need even when in isolation, having enough in your pantry will also limit your exposure. If you have babies, prepare diaper and milk too.
Prepare Your Medical Supplies
It is now a must to have essential medical supplies available in your home. Whether COVID-19 or other illnesses, there are first-aid supplies that can help manage health problems.
At the time of the pandemic, make sure that you have a supply of the following:
- Paracetamol (for adults and children) to help control and manage the onset of fever
- Thermometers/thermal scanners with backup batteries
- Disinfectants (liquids and wipes) for surfaces
- Alcohol for easy access to sanitation. Ethyl alcohol with at least 70% formulation is recommended
- Vitamin C with Zinc for a steady boost of your immunity
- Hydrating liquids like Pedialyte or apple juice, which can be diluted
- Nebulizer if there are family members with asthma
Maintain a Clean Environment
It’s important to stop the spread of Coronavirus right at your doorstep. There are now different disinfecting equipment that you can use to ensure that coronavirus will not have its place in your home.
- Automatic alcohol dispensers
- UV light disinfectants
- Air purifier
- Foot baths with disinfectants
At a time when the cure for Coronavirus is not yet available, you have to take extra steps to protect your family from possible infection. The event of another Coronavirus surge may happen unexpectedly and you wouldn’t want to end up unprepared and not capable of handling the challenges that it may bring.
In need of health and sanitary supplies for the new normal? BestLab is a trusted supplier of natural disinfectants and sanitizers to keep you and your family protected from illnesses and harmful viruses. Check out our products to complete your new normal essentials.