Since the pandemic broke out, you must have cleaned your house non-stop. Are you still paranoid that what you’re doing is not enough? To give you the peace of mind you need, here’s a list of the essentials that you should have to maintain a Coronavirus-free home.
10 Best House Disinfectants for a Coronavirus-Free Home
BEST FOR: Disinfection of hands and surfaces
- Kills bacteria, viruses, and germs
- Choose alcohol with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to ensure effectiveness
Ethyl alcohol is the preferred choice for your home because it is safe and gentle enough for humans. Make sure you stock a lot of alcohol because you’ll never know when they will run out again!
BEST FOR: Disinfection of surfaces
- Kills bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens
- To create a chlorine solution, mix 1/3 cup bleach per 1 gallon of water or 2 tablespoons bleach per 1-quart water.
TIP: Wipe surfaces with soap and water first. Disinfect with chlorine solution, then allow to fully dry.
3. Foot Disinfectant Mat
BEST FOR: Sanitation of footwear
- Prevents viruses and bacteria from entering your home
- Use with a chlorine solution
- Place foot disinfectant mat in entryways
BEST FOR: Disinfection of surfaces and food
- Effective against bacteria and viruses and can help neutralize Coronavirus
- Combines antibacterial and antivirus benefits with good cleaning properties
- Fully biobased product
- Low on odor
- Mild on hard surfaces
5. Air Purifier
BEST FOR: Filtration and purification of indoor air
- Use with filters to help remove tiny particles like dust, pollen, and pet dander that may be floating around your home.
- Keep doors and windows closed when using air purifier
- Perfect for people with asthma and allergies
DID YOU KNOW:
HEPA filters can trap particles as small as .01 micron in diameter.
6. Hand Sanitizer
BEST FOR: Hand sanitation in the absence of soap and water
- Quick-acting and requires less time than hand washing.
- Less irritating to the skin than soap and water.
- Available in liquid and gel form
7. UV Light
BEST FOR: Sterilization of Surfaces and Equipment, Air Purification, and Infection Control
- Kills bacteria, fungi, spores, and viruses
- UV-C light is widely used and isan effective solution for sterilization
- UV lights are now available in the forms of sterilizer boxes and wands
DID YOU KNOW:
UV light exposure causes rapid and effective inactivation of microorganisms. The exposure of bacteria, viruses and protozoa to the germicidal wavelengths of UV light renders them incapable to reproduce and cause infection.
8. UV Vacuum
BEST FOR: Removal of Potentially Infectious Microorganisms in Surfaces and Furniture
- UV vacuums add ultraviolet light to the brushing and suction mechanism of a vacuum cleaner.
- Its sanitizing effect is doubled to effectively get rid of harmful microorganisms.
- The germicidal properties of UV light help in the reduction of allergens and pathogens
9. Automated Sweeper with UV Light
BEST FOR: Complete Disinfection of Floor
- Kills microbes that could already be on your floor
- Suited for sanitation of homes with pets and toddlers who play and lie on the floor
- Effective supplement to regular cleaning
- Controls the spread of viruses and bacteria that feet or shoes may bring
10. Soap and Water
BEST FOR: Cleansing and Disinfection
- Soap and water remain as the gold standards in hand hygiene and in the prevention of the spread of infectious diseases.
- Soap acts as a surfactant that helps release bacteria from your hand when used with water
- Once Coronavirus comes into contact with soap, its protective envelope is dissolved, leaving behind a dysfunctional virus that is no longer capable of infecting
TIP: Warm water should be used with soap to ensure the removal of microbes. Hands must be scrubbed for at least 20 seconds.
You can never be too cautious when it comes to your family’s health and safety. As the threat of Coronavirus infection remains, you have to ensure that your loved ones are protected even while inside your home.
BestLab is a trusted supplier of high-quality and natural disinfectant products including 75% ethyl alcohols in different sizes, sanitizers, and disinfectant sprays. Check out our website to find the products you need that will help create a home that is free from the worries of Covid-19.