The COVID-19 pandemic remains a problem that’s still awaiting a permanent solution. Worse, variants of the Coronavirus emerge and continue to pose serious problems. The recent to hit the Philippines is the Delta variant which is said to be 225% more transmissible than the original Sars-Cov 2 strains. Other Southeast Asian countries have already experienced the devastation it brings.
The Delta variant spreads faster and may lead to more morbidities. Now that it’s in the Philippines, you need to be more careful to avoid the infection. Here are some of the new normal safety measures that can protect you from this dreaded COVID-19 variant.
New Normal Safety Measures to Raise Your Protection Against Delta Variant
1. Get Vaccinated.
The best vaccine that you can get is the one that is available. Make sure that when you already have the opportunity to get vaccinated, grab it!
By getting vaccinated you can help slow down the spread of the virus. Studies also show that even when there is still a chance to be infected, it reduces the chances of getting hospitalized or experiencing serious symptoms.
2. Know the ABCs of Protection.
- Airway: Ensure airway safety by using barriers for your protection.
- Bubble: Avoid gatherings and reduce the size of your social bubble. This will limit physical contact and minimize your risk of being with infected people.
- Contacts: Make contract tracing easy by using apps so that when someone you’ve been in contact with gets sick, tracing will be easy.
3. Follow APAT dapat!
In the Philippines, the Healthcare Professional Alliance for COVID-19 promotes the APAT DAPAT strategy to help reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19.
- A – Air circulation. Remember that doing outdoor activities is much safer than indoors.
- P – Physical distancing. A minimum of one-meter distance must be maintained to reduce the risk of transmission by up to 80%.
- A – Always stay protected. Mask up and wear a face shield especially when you have to go out.
- T – Thirty minutes should be the maximum time for interactions to help enhance your protection against the virus.
4. Practice good hygiene.
With the emergence of the new COVID-19 strain, new normal safety measures remain relevant. As basic as it may sound, hand hygiene can spare you from the infection.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- In cases when soap and water are not available, use a sanitizer with 60% alcohol solution.
- Keep a bottle of isopropyl or ethyl alcohol with you wherever you go. This should help reduce virus transmission when handling items like your mobile phone, credit card, money and others.
5. Choose to shop online.
Most if not all of your essentials are now available online. Take advantage of this privilege so you won’t have to do the shopping physically and you can avoid the chance of being in the same store with an infected person.
According to studies, COVID-19 risks are higher in crowded and inadequately ventilated areas as this is where infected people may also be present. These types of environments may contribute to the spread of infection by respiratory droplets or aerosols.
The new strains of COVID-19 bring new problems and greater risks. It is important to remain cautious and take extra steps to ensure that your protection is increased as the virus evolves.
New normal essentials are offered by BestLab through its website. BestLab isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, sanitizers, disinfectants, and dishwashing liquid are also available through its Lazada and Shopee stores!